Are you considering upgrading to a desktop video conferencing solution in your business, but want to be sure you have all of the relevant facts and details before doing so? Making the decision to upgrade is an important decision and is not one that should be made without understanding how your business can benefit. Below are six stats about desktop video conferencing of which you should be aware in order to make a more informed decision:
- Increased Connectivity. When working remotely, 87% of desktop video conferencing users report feeling more connected to their teams and colleagues. Connected teams are able to benefit from a clear understanding of work tasks and thus are able to work more efficiently, which can drive increased productivity.
- In-Person Communication. While important, verbal communication only accounts for 35 percent of all communication. For this reason, there are numerous occasions when picking up the telephone simply is not enough. In order to truly understand and relate to one another, we must be able to see facial expressions. Desktop video conferencing provides face-to-face communication without the need to be in physical proximity with one another. As a result, even when teams are in different geographic locations, they can still benefit from in-person communication.
- Elimination of Need to Travel for Face-to-Face Communication. 95 percent of working professionals believe that face-to-face communication actually improves the quality of communication. By deploying desktop video conferencing solutions, it is possible to enjoy face-to-face communication from any location without the need to travel.
- Effective Alternative to Inability to Meet in Person. 54 percent of professionals think that if you are not able to meet in person, desktop video conferencing is the next best thing to meeting in person. This number is more than double the percentage of people who believe that telephone calls are the most effective form of communication.
- Complements Smartphone Technology. By the year 2016, 70 percent of video conference calls will be made from mobile devices. In the smartphone age in which we now live, mobile devices are increasingly chosen over standard PCs. As mobile technology continues improving, more people will opt to use their smart-phones for making video conference calls.
- Ability to Work from Alternate Locations. 94 percent of workers believe that they would be able to work better from home. Desktop video conferencing offers an effective communication solution that makes it possible for people to work from any location they choose, whether that is a home office, local café, or even their dining table.
As you can see, all of the most current statistics indicate that desktop video conferencing will be an increasingly popular and vital tool for business communication in the years to come. If you are considering upgrading to a desktop video conferencing solution and would like to experience desktop video conferencing for yourself, we invite you to sign up for a free trial with the R-HUB desktop video conferencing solution at http://www.rhubcom.com